Brianne (Bri) Dixon, LPCC
Hi there! My name is Brianne, or Bri. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor Candidate (LPCC) in the state of Colorado, and a Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC). I received my Master’s degree from Bridgewater State University in Massachusetts, and recently moved to lovely Colorado. Much of my clinical experience includes working in a variety of settings, from inpatient, to residential, to partial hospitalization programs, and outpatient programs. I’ve primarily worked with individuals struggling with substance use, trauma, anxiety, depression, and relationship concerns.
I approach therapy from a Gestalt perspective, and I believe in the power of self-awareness for cultivating change in my clients’ lives. I invite clients to share themselves authentically with me, as we collaboratively explore and process difficult experiences and emotions. Likewise, I believe in the power of the therapeutic relationship and being authentic with my clients, while approaching concerns with empathy, without judgment, and from a holistic perspective. I’m interested in incorporating nature-based interventions with clients, and use an experiential and creative approach to counseling. Therapy can serve as a place to find meaning in our lives, and I’m grateful to be a part of each of my client’s journey.
When I’m not with clients I’m usually in the mountains! I enjoy skiing, hiking, playing tennis, paddle boarding, and re-watching Lord of the Rings.
“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves”
— Victor Frankl
- Pronouns (She/Hers)
- Age Range: Adolescents (14-18), Adults (18-50)
Education, Licensure, & Recent Trainings
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Philosophy, Hunter College: New York City, NY, 2017
- M.Ed in Mental Health Counseling, Bridgewater State University: Bridgewater, MA, 2019
- License: LPCC.0017661
- Beyond They/Them/Theirs: What Nonbinary Clients Want You to Know: Trans Affirming Therapists Academy, 2020
- Non-Suicidal Self-Injury: Simple Practice, 2020
- Providing Inclusive, Respectful Care to Your Gender Questioning, Transgender, and Nonbinary Clients: Clearly Clinical, 2020
- Telehealth Legal and Ethical Issues: Simple Practice, 2020