Brianne (Bri) Dixon, LPC
Hi there, my name is Bri. I’m a licensed professional counselor (LPC) in the state of Colorado and a Nationally
Certified Counselor. I moved to Colorado a little over two years ago and have been with ICW for over a year. Much of my clinical experience includes working in a variety
of settings, from inpatient, to residential, to partial hospitalization programs, and outpatient programs. I’ve primarily worked with individuals struggling with substance use, trauma, suicidality, anxiety, depression, and relationship concerns.
I use an integrated therapeutic approach with clients, with an emphasis on the power of connection and growth-fostering relationships in how we make meaning of our lives. My hope for clients is that through therapy you can increase your self-awareness about how you connect with others and what leads to disconnection from others and self. I believe authentic relationships contribute to growth and healing, and I approach my clients with compassion, transparency, and empathy. I welcome laughter and fun in the room, and often integrate a lot of experiential activities and creativity in sessions. I plan to receive training on internal family
systems, as I also incorporate parts work into sessions and use the language of IFS to help clients understand their experiences.
When I’m not with clients I’m usually in the mountains! I enjoy skiing, climbing, hiking, camping,
paddle boarding, and re-watching Lord of the Rings. I have a dog named Gimli, appropriately after the LOTR character.
“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves”
— Victor Frankl
- Pronouns (She/Hers)
- Age Range: Adolescents (14-18), Adults (18-50)
Education, Licensure, & Recent Trainings
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Philosophy, Hunter College: New York City, NY, 2017
- M.Ed in Mental Health Counseling, Bridgewater State University: Bridgewater, MA, 2019
- License: LPCC.0017661
- Beyond They/Them/Theirs: What Nonbinary Clients Want You to Know: Trans Affirming Therapists Academy, 2020
- Non-Suicidal Self-Injury: Simple Practice, 2020
- Providing Inclusive, Respectful Care to Your Gender Questioning, Transgender, and Nonbinary Clients: Clearly Clinical, 2020
- Telehealth Legal and Ethical Issues: Simple Practice, 2020
- Mastering IFS For Clinical Challenges: Resolving Trauma, Anxiety, Attachment Injuries, Addiction & More, 2023