Allyssa Beckman, MSW, SWC
Hello! My name is Allyssa (They/Them), and I am an MSW practicing therapy at Integrated Counseling and Wellness (ICW). I received both my B.S in Psychology and my MSW from Northern Arizona University. I have been interning at ICW for the past year and have continued as an employee after receiving my MSW.
I work with clients age 14-35 who have been struggling with self-esteem, depression, anxiety, attachment issues, relationships, gender identity, sexuality, and other interpersonal, stressors. I enjoy working with individuals of all cultures, races, spiritualities, sexual, orientations, and genders.
I utilize various modalities and approaches when working with my clients such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Mindfulness, and Motivational Interviewing, from a strength’s based perspective. I believe in the power of trust, collaboration, and choice within the therapeutic relationship and work to ensure a safe space for clients to be themselves. I believe that as a therapist I should show up as my full self to create a space for my clients to be able to do so.
When I am not with clients, I am most likely wondering through the woods looking for bones and cool rocks. I have two dogs that enjoy trips to the park and swimming in any size body of water. I also have over 40 house plants and continue to frequent nurseries to ensure I live in a jungle.
Education, Licensure, & Recent Trainings
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Northern Arizona University: Flagstaff, AZ, 2020
- Addressing Racial Equity in Overdose Prevention
- Basic Victim Rights Training
- Beyond Shelter: Exploring the Diversity of Services for Domestic Violence Survivors
- HIPAA Training
- History of the Anti-Sexual Violence Movement
- Screening, Brief Intervention, & Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
- Sexual Assault Advocate Training
- Sexual Violence Training for Community Health Workers and Promotoras