Trans Letter Writing
We know that accessing gender affirming medical interventions can be very difficult and vulnerable. We are here to help lessen this difficulty by working with you to tell your story, and by keeping ourselves up-to-date on the WPATH standards for providing affirming care. We use an informed consent model for our letter writing, which acknowledges that you are the expert of your own experience. We recognize that you should not have to “prove” that you are trans by having a referral letter, but we want to help you navigate the existing system of medical gatekeeping.
We believe in the accessibility of gender affirming medical interventions to transgender and gender non-conforming people. Because of this, we provide referral letters free of charge. To demonstrate our commitment to this, we have signed the Gender Affirming Letter Access Project pledge. We are able to do consults for these referral letters twice monthly.
These letters are provided by Alyssa Wright, LCSW, as well as many of the other clinicians at ICW. Our clinicians have completed various trainings on working with trans folx. See below for a list of these various trainings. Have questions about the process or want to schedule a consultation? Contact us today!
- Neurodiversity and the Gender-Diverse Experience: National LGBTQIA+ Health Education Center
- Behavioral Health Care Outside the Binary: National LGBTQIA+ Health Education Center
- Evidence-Based Behavioral Health Care for Gender Diverse Children and Adolescents: National LGBTQIA+ Health Education Center
- Trauma-Informed Care for Transgender and Gender-Diverse People: National LGBTQIA+ Health Education Center
- What Providers Need to Know about Trans Legal Issues: National LGBTQIA+ Health Education Center
- Beyond They/Them/Theirs: What Nonbinary Clients Want You to Know: Trans Affirming Therapists Academy
- Non-Binary Transition Workshop: Gender Odyssey Professional Conference
- TRANSforming Gender Conference