Raegan Donchess, MSW, SWC
Hi! My name is Raegan. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Work Candidate in the state of Colorado. I grew up in Newark, Ohio and received my Bachelor or Social from Ohio State University and moved to Colorado (a dream of mine for so long) shortly after – where I then completed my Master of Social Work with the University of Denver.
My experience working with individuals is vast and ranges from supporting individuals in eating disorder recovery, school social work, play therapy with children, parent coaching, case management in community mental health, to working with individuals struggling with addiction through community re-entry programming. The bulk of my clinical experience has been working with individuals navigating anxiety, depression, trauma, body image concerns, and life transitions.
I approach therapy through a holistic, attachment-based, and relational lens. I believe each of my clients has the innate capacity to cultivate the change in their lives they desire and are worthy of feeling at peace in their mind, body, and relationships. It’s an honor to be able to witness you in your growth as you heal from past experiences that are preventing you from moving forward in your life in ways that feel authentic and exciting for you. I don’t believe healing is possible without compassion, non-judgement, and curiosity – and therefore are cornerstones I integrate into each session together as you learn what it means to give yourself the same.
When I’m not with clients you can find me at a coffee shop, traveling, basking in the sun, learning to slow down, writing, listening to music, re-watching Grey’s Anatomy for the 44th time, and laughing with my favorite humans.
Pronouns: she / her
Age Range: Adolescents (15-18), Young Adults (18-25), Adults (25+)
“Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul – and sings the tunes without the words – and never stops at all.”
Education, Licensure, and Trainings
- Bachelor of Social Work in Science, Minor in Integrative Approaches to Health and Wellness, Ohio State University: Columbus, Ohio (2020)
- Master of Science in Social Work, Blended Concentration in Family Systems and Mental Health: University of Denver (2021)
- License: SWC.0000000475
- EMDRIA Approved EMDR Basic Training (July 2022)
- Hakomi Mindful Somatic Psychotherapy: An Introduction to the Hakomi Method (May 2021)
- Colorado School Safety Resource Center Suicide Assessment Training (2020)
- Eye on Ethics, Social Work Technology Standards CEC Training (2020)
- MHR Stages of Change Training (2019)
- RISE Eating Disorder Conference (2019)