Megan Queen Wykoff, LSW
Hello! My name is Megan, and I am a Licensed Social Worker practicing therapy here in the lovely area of Fort Collins, Colorado. A little background about me, I achieved both my BSW and MSW from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, and I also received a Graduate Certificate in Trauma Treatment there.
I am well-versed in a wide range of practice areas, including acute and complex trauma, PTSD, anxiety, depression, self-esteem issues, attachment issues, and various interpersonal problems and life stressors. I have seen success with my clients through many evidence-based therapeutic interventions, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), mindfulness, and Motivational Interviewing. In the past, I have utilized many creative interventions with children and adolescents, such as art therapy, sand tray therapy, and play therapy.
I believe in meeting my clients where they are and using a person-in-environment perspective to create a more individualized, holistic level of care for each person. One of my core philosophies as a therapist is to create a safe space to allow humans to be human. I base my interactions with clients on the cornerstones of empathy, compassion, and acceptance. We all experience dark and difficult times on our paths through life, and I am humbled to be allowed to walk with someone as a gentle guide on their healing journey.
When I’m not with clients, you may find me exploring nature, enjoying local restaurants, or simply relaxing at home with my husband and my dog.
“What we don’t need in the midst of struggle is shame for being human.”
— Brené Brown
- Pronouns: She/Hers
- Age Range: (15-18), Adults (18-50)
Education, Licensure, & Recent Trainings
- Non-Suicidal Self Injury: Simple Practice, 2020
- Beyond They/Them/Theirs: What Nonbinary Clients Want You to Know: Trans Affirming Therapists Academy, 2020
- Graduate Certificate in Trauma Treatment: University of Tennessee, 2020
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training: 2019
- Integrative Treatment of Complex Trauma with Children: Core Principles, 2018
- Mindfulness Training: 2018
- 33rd International Symposium on Child Abuse: 2017
- Connecting for Children’s Justice Conference: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Bachelor of Social Work, University of Tennessee: Knoxville, TN, 2016
- Master of Social Work, University of Tennessee: Knoxville, TN, 2020
- License: LSW.0009923388